JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Product Specialist
REPORTING TO: VP Marketing and Product Management
OFFICE LOCATION: San Francisco / Financial District
This position will have access to sensitive information about individuals (HIPAA, PII and ePHI and GDPR and PII and special categories of GDPR and PII) both internally (EmployeeChannel employees) and externally (customers).
Who we are
EmployeeChannel is a leading provider of workforce communication solutions. Our solution enables leaders and managers to deepen employees’ connection to business purpose, to boost the impact and effectiveness of their communications, and to transform the communication experience for employees. Communication strategy and planning features make it easy to plan, execute, and measure internal communications. Communication coaching and publishing features make it easy for communicators to develop relevant and compelling information and to reach the right audience with the right message. EmployeeChannel’s mobile app makes it easy to keep employees engaged and to make them feel part of achieving the organization’s goals. To learn more about EmployeeChannel’s end-to-end solution for employer-to-employee communication, please visit www.employeechannelinc.com.
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Senior Technical Product Specialist to play a central role in driving our vision, strategy, roadmap, and current & evolving product and services offering, and product lifecycle for our current & evolving product and services offering.
This position will report to the VP Marketing and Product Management, and the right candidate will bring relevant prior experience in a similar role, leading a highly motivated team to deliver world-class, cloud-based solutions.
You must be a high-energy, confident, respected leader who can define and deliver against a product vision that will catalyze the next stage of aggressive growth for our company. You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, customer-focused, team-oriented environment, and you must be tenacious about meeting or beating all commitments. You must exemplify a passionate commitment to a best-in-class user experience and a diverse portfolio of products that maintain high value as well as a consistent look and feel.
You must be able to identify influences, market trends, and opportunities and be passionate about customer and user satisfaction. You also must understand how to balance customer and user needs with the financial and operational goals of the company. You must be able to clearly articulate customer and user needs internally and represent the company and its service well externally. You should demonstrate the execution skills, leadership, and the creativity and toughness that a startup demands.
The Senior Technical Product Specialist is responsible for executing against the product strategy and driving the company’s product roadmap—a roadmap focused on customer and user requirements and on meeting or exceeding the company’s revenue goals.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Plan, initiate, and manage technology projects.
- Implement the company’s product strategy, product roadmap, and product priorities. Maintain an 18-month rolling roadmap, and execute aggressively against it.
- Focus on delivering innovative, intuitive, and highly differentiated products at a start-up pace.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from early concepts and prototypes, to market releases, to broad market penetration, to a position of market dominance evidenced by a loyal and referenceable base of partners and customers.
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff.
- Work with Engineers (Product Development) to translate needs into technical requirements, manage resources, resolve issues.
- Be a domain/business expert for the portfolio to guide and mentor teams, and establish/refine product management processes. Know users workflows, needs, value drivers, decision making process, and unstated intent and goals.
- Build a world-class team of individuals in support of these initiatives.
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Establish and maintain a process of continuous input from customers, users, and other company teams.
- Serve as an authoritative product evangelist internally, ensuring that all stakeholders remain aligned and informed.
- Take a holistic view of all product releases, focusing on the complete customer experience.
- Provide product expertise to the Marketing [team] to inform messaging, positioning, partner- and customer-specific content, and sales tools.
- Provide support for marketing events, webinars, conferences, public relations, and other outbound activities as required by Product Marketing.
- Assist new prospects and support Customer Success Managers, functioning as an industry and product expert.
- Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage.
- Leverage our deep domain expertise to establish EmployeeChannel as a recognized leader and a preferred software provider in Intelligent Workforce Communications.
- Act as a key point of contact with industry influencers and partners to ensure the highest levels of visibility and recognition.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with key customers who are willing to be references for case studies, customer videos, and customer profiles.
- Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
- Focus on market penetration, competitive differentiation, operational efficiency, customer success, and profitability.
- Coordinate end-to-end product definition and delivery across the company to ensure that products meet requirements, ship on schedule, and fully address partner and customer needs.
- Master’s degree (Business Administration or Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- 4 years’ experience working in a software company, including a minimum of 4 years in a technical Product/Program Management role
- 2 years’ experience with AI applications including NLP, machine learning, and analytics
- 2 years’ experience managing multiple product releases through entire product lifecycle
- 2 years’ experience in working with Agile development methodologies and tracking/process management tools (i.e. Jira or similar tool)
- 2 years’ experience in an enterprise Saas company
- Technical fluency: understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Prior responsibility owning and driving a company’s product roadmap and product success.
- Proven ability to identify and respond to technology trends and market input and to translate both into broadly applicable customer value.
- Strong technical acumen.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and sales and agile development processes.
- Success building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Proven track record as a leader
- Start-up experience is a plus, particularly if you played an instrumental role during a company's early or rapid growth stages.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a faced past environment.
Send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.