Job Title: iOS Mobile Developer / Architect
Reporting to: Director, Engineering
Location: 101 Montgomery Street, San Francisco
This position will have access to sensitive information about individuals (HIPAA, PII and ePHI and GDPR and PII and special categories of GDPR and PII) both internally (EmployeeChannel employees) and externally (customers).
Who we are
EmployeeChannel is a leading provider of workforce communication solutions. Our solution enables leaders and managers to deepen employees’ connection to business purpose, to boost the impact and effectiveness of their communications, and to transform the communication experience for employees. Communication strategy and planning features make it easy to plan, execute, and measure internal communications. Communication coaching and publishing features make it easy for communicators to develop relevant and compelling information and to reach the right audience with the right message. EmployeeChannel’s mobile app makes it easy to keep employees engaged and to make them feel part of achieving the organization’s goals. To learn more about EmployeeChannel’s end-to-end solution for employer-to-employee communication, please visit www.employeechannelinc.com.
What we are looking for
We are an early stage start-up with an energetic and high-performing team, solid financing, and a hungry market. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals who like a good challenge, enjoy teamwork, and are passionate about building something of real value. You’ll be joining an experienced team that knows how to execute to a market-defining strategy. We work hard, because we enjoy what we are doing and the people we work with. We are confident that EmployeeChannel is the team to beat in what is panning out as a huge opportunity.
Are you a Mobile Architect who loves writing beautiful apps no matter how difficult the problem? Are you also a Mobile developer who has strong experience in iOS and some exposure to Android and a strong background in backend development? If you answered yes to both questions, read on. . . . . .
What you will do
You’ll be an active member of our Product team, driving our focus on a best in class mobile app that will deliver the wealth of relevant information from the workplace. Your leadership in this area, combined with our expertise in the industry and SaaS-based solutions, will ensure that we offer our customers best of breed solutions.
Here’s a sample of what that would look like:
- You’ll enjoy working in an Agile environment with our development team, whose track record of meeting or exceeding their commitments is strong.
- You’ll lead cross-functional sessions with key stakeholders and our industry experts – to architect and design a product that tackles our customer problems.
- You’ll be forward-thinking and participate in shaping the future of our products by participating in rapid mobile prototypes, designing and developing scalable and efficient mobile app architectures, and creating and designing innovative experiences and ideas in mobile.
- You understand the importance of being both user and data-driven.
- You won’t feel pigeon-holed here. Working cross-functionally with counterparts is a daily occurrence.
- You’ll have a measurable impact on the success of our product and company. If you’re looking for a place where you can get your fingerprints all over the product, this is a good place to call home.
What you should know
We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to architect and lead development for our products. You should be naturally curious – always looking for new and creative ways to help our users learn and make decisions.
- Lead, design, architect, and develop EmployeeChannel’s (iOS) mobile products
- Guide key technology decisions leading to the development of mobile architectures and apps (both tactical and strategic) to support the business needs of EmployeeChannel and EmployeeChannel’s customers and users
- Recommend development sprint plans to best achieve app execution
- Work with the leadership from User Experience Design, Product Management, Development, QA, and Documentation across several teams to plan implementation in an agile fashion.
- Investigate industry trends and contemporary solutions that will ensure our iOS app delivers the best possible user experience.
- Regularly develop prototypes and proofs of concept as a means of collaborating with Product Management and UI/UX during the product concept/requirements stage.
- Troubleshoot/debug and fix bugs and performance issues
- Partner with stakeholders to define and develop the best possible product for our customers and participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new related technologies
- Be a team player; demonstrate strong interaction skills in a close-knit peer environment.
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and architectural decisions with technical and business counterparts.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or the equivalent gained through a combination of education and experience
- Technical Skills: Objective-C, C, Swift, Storyboard
- 3 years of native iOS mobile architect and development experience building multi-threaded, Enterprise grade, scalable, high performance apps for phones and tablets including experience with web services/RESTful APIs is required.
- 3 years experience with direct customer interaction including incorporating customer feedback into the mobile product design and development.
- 3 yrs experience in User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) design, interactive and multimedia design, and implementation for iPhone/iPad.
- Experience working on a minimum of 10 commercial iOS mobile applications.
- Passion for writing clean, maintainable, and testable code at both the UI and system levels; and experience working in a team to provide mobile best practices, and develop and execute mobile strategies and plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in using version control tools (e.g. Git)
- Quick learner, with passion for new technologies
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence, innovation, and execution
Send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.